Friday, April 4, 2014

Best Peach Pie

Peach Pie
from King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion Cook Book

6 c. sliced peaches or 2 one-pound bags of quick frozen peach slices, or 1 large can peaches, drained - I used 5 c. the second time I made this and less raspberry syrup
1/2 c raspberry syrup (you can get Monet syrup at Chef's Smart on Stratford Road - I used 1/3 c. raspberry syrup)
1/4 c. cornstarch
1 t lemon juice
3/4 to 1 c sugar
1/4 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg

Mix all ingredients and pour in pie shell - you can sprinkle top with a little extra sugar
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then reduce to 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until crust is golden.

My changes in pink.
Best ever!  Surprise ingredient is the raspberry syrup!  So tasty.  It was March, so I had to use canned peaches (1 very large can, drained) worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment